The Amherst Island Community Cafe is a volunteer operated restaurant that aims to serve good quality food, support local growers, hire and train local students and promote & host local events.
The Amherst Island Community Cafe exists to foster the community.
Community – Local Products – Environment
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values which guide all aspects of the enterprise.
- Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
- Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons
- Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy, and accountable.
- Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
- Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships
- Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.